Between September 13th, 2021 and September 14th, 2021 at the Rzeszów University of Technology, the 6th Scientific Conference "Energy Security - Pillars and Development Perspective" will be held. The event is being organized by the Ignacy Łukasiewicz Institute for Energy in cooperation with the Rzeszów University of Technology. The role of the coordinator for implementation of tasks related to the organization of the Conference is performed by the Ignacy Łukasiewicz Institute for Energy. The co-organizers are the Department of Economics of the Faculty of Management of the Rzeszow University of Technology in cooperation with the "Eurointegration" Student Academic Circle.
- The current situation of the energy sector, including the impact of the pandemic on its development, forces a debate that will seek to solve problems related to energy security, in the face of the ongoing transformation, diversification of raw material supplies or new directions for low-emission transport, including the use of hydrogen. The organized event directly refers to the changing technological, economic, social and political conditions, looking for new opportunities to create a lever for economic development - says Professor Jarosław Sęp, Vice-Rector for development and cooperation with the environment of the Rzeszów University of Technology.
The aim of the event, as every year, will be to contribute to the scientific and expert discussion on energy policy, energy security and the broadly understood energy sector. We believe that creating a platform for discussions with scientists, experts, representatives of public administration, energy companies, non-governmental organizations, business journalists and students will contribute to the development of scientific achievements in this area of knowledge.
We plan that the themes of the 6th Conference "Energy Security - Pillars and Development Perspective" will be a continuation of the scientific discussion undertaken in the previous editions on the supply policy of natural gas; crude oil and hydrogen; electromobility; offshore wind energy; cybersecurity and information security in the energy sector; stability of energy supply systems; raw materials and fuels in aspects of contemporary sabotage and terrorist threats; nuclear energy; renewable energy sources; new technologies in the energy sector, as well as starting a discussion on flexibility services and virtual power plants. Recognizing the changing political, economic, social and technological conditions, we will debate about energy projects that can be a lever for economic development. We want to look for answers on how to create sources of competitive advantage by the state and the enterprise.
The conference (13-14.09.2021) will be held in the HYBRID formula (stationary and remote-online)
Taking into account the current epidemiological situation, we are planning to apply the following precautions:
- use of a non-contact temperature measurement reader;
- automate participant registration with badges using QR codes;
- ozone treatment of transferred documents;
- disinfection of halls and common areas (toilets, handles, elevators, microphones, remote controls, laser pointers, etc.) on a one-hour cycle;
- air circulation thanks to a special system of supply and exhaust ventilation of the hall, which draws fresh air from the outside, thus creating the effect of an open window;
- monitoring the number of people (using the 3D system) in the rooms - according to the guidelines for the cubature of rooms;
- mandatory wearing of face coverings and disposable gloves;
- the necessary hand disinfection;
- serving of meals and organisation of coffee breaks, in accordance with duly drawn up safety rules;
- use of a mobile robot with UV-C sterilizing lamps.
- As organizers, we will provide the participants of the conference who will physically join us in the building of the Rzeszów University of Technology with complete safety - announces Dr Mariusz Ruszel. - During last year's edition of the event, we introduced appropriate security measures, which were successfully implemented and used. We will provide disinfection of rooms, hall and corridors, ozonation of submitted documents, monitoring the number of people and temperature measurement of participants, as well as mandatory masks and hand disinfection stations. Automatic registration of participants will be used again and a mobile robot with UV-C sterilizing lamps will be used - all to ensure the maximum level of safety.
During the 6th Conference, the annual Ignacy Łukasiewicz prize will be awarded in the category of energy security. In 2020, the awards were given to: Dr. Michał Kurtyka (Minister of Climate and Environment) - for serving as the president of the UN Climate Summit (COP24) and Mr. Piotr Woźniak (President of PGNiG in 2016-2020) - for his involvement in the policy of diversifying the sources of natural gas supplies to Poland. On behalf of Minister Kurtyka, the award was collected by the Deputy Minister of Climate and Environment, Government Plenipotentiary for Renewable Energy Sources, Mr. Ireneusz Zyska.
- This is the sixth edition of the event that has been organized at the Rzeszów University of Technology from the very beginning - reminds Professor Piotr Koszelnik, Rector of the Rzeszów University of Technology. - The topics discussed in previous years will certainly be developed, but because the reality is constantly changing, we count on the verification of new hypotheses, bold conclusions, and updating outcome concerning the energy sector at the expert and scientific level. Awards will be given in the category of energy security - emphasizes Professor Piotr Koszelnik - Chairman of the Award Committee.
- In all plenary panels and discussions, the topic of energy transformation will appear to a greater or lesser extent, especially in the context of strategy of Poland's Energy Policy until 2040 announced by the government - announces Dr Mariusz Ruszel, professor at Rzeszów University of Technology and president of the Institute of Energy Policy, originator of the series of conferences.
Silver Partner: OGP GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.
Media patronage by: Polska Agencja Prasowa Biznes, Interia, TVP Info, TVP3 Rzeszów, Biomasa, BiznesAlert.pl, Centrum Informacji Rynku Energii (cire.pl), Cng-Lng.pl, Energetyka24, Energetyka, Gazeta Codzienna Nowiny, Gazeta Politechniki, GospodarkaPodkarpacka.pl, Mój Rzeszów, Napędy i Sterowanie, Nowa Energia, EURACITV, Nowiny24, Polskie Radio Rzeszów, Radio Via, Smart-Grids.pl, The Warsaw Institute Review, Trendywenergetyce.pl, Wiadomości Naftowe i Gazownicze, Wydawnictwo Seidel-Przywecki, WysokieNapiecie.pl, Grupa medialna Info, RzeszównaŻywo.pl, Radio Centrum, Miesięcznik Instal, green-news.pl, Euractiv.pl, Biznes i Styl, GlobEnergia, Energia i Recykling, Portal Morski, Ochrona i Bezpieczeństwo, gospodarkamorska.pl
Honorary patronage by (2021): Ministry of Climate and Environment, Ministry of State Assets,The National Office for Research and Development, Polish Chamber of Energy Storage, National Energy Conservation Agency, President of the Energy Regulatory Office, Statistics Poland, Chairman of the Polish Parliamentary Group of Energy and Climate, Parliament's Economy and Development Committee, Parliament's Energy and Treasury Committee, Digitization, Innovation and Modern Technologies Committee, Voivode of Podkarpackie Voivodeship, President of Rzeszów and Rector of Rzeszów University of Technology,
We expect further honorary and media patronage.
Scientific journals cooperating with us: Sustainability, Yearbook of the Institute of East-Central Europe, International Agrophysics, Journal of Elementology, Environment, Development and Sustainbility, Studia Wschodnioeuropejskie, Przegląd Europejski, Yearbook of International Security, Eastern Review, Polityka Energetyczna – Energy Policy Journal, Studia i Materiały, Sprawy Międzynarodowe (International Affairs), Zarządzanie innowacyjne w gospodarce i biznesie, Gas, Water and Sanitary Engineering, Energy Policy Studies.
Post-conference materials (2020):
Below you can find video materials from previous years of Conference:
5th edition of the Conference (2020): https://youtu.be/duPSZAwUQ60
4th edition of the Conference (2019): https://youtu.be/Zj9R879F5jw
3rd edition of the Conference (2018): https://youtu.be/_oiGZvF1Z9Q
2nd edition of the Conference (2017): https://youtu.be/uQdUOQkudN0
1st edition of the Conference (2016): https://youtu.be/ti6TYNHr8EM