Between September 13th, 2021 and September 14th, 2021 at the Rzeszów University of Technology, the 6th Scientific Conference "Energy Security - Pillars and Development Perspective" will be held. The role of the coordinator for implementation of tasks related to the organization of the Conference is performed by the Ignacy Łukasiewicz Institute for Energy Policy. The co-organisers are the Department of Economics of the Faculty of Management of the I. Łukasiewicz Rzeszów University of Technology and the Student Scientific Association "Eurointegration". The conference is supported by NATO.
- The current situation of the energy sector, including the impact of the pandemic on its development, forces a debate that will seek to solve problems related to energy security, in the face of the ongoing transformation, diversification of raw material supplies or new directions for low-emission transport, including the use of hydrogen. The organized event directly refers to the changing technological, economic, social and political conditions, looking for new opportunities to create a lever for economic development - says Professor Jarosław Sęp, Vice-Rector for development and cooperation with the environment of the Rzeszów University of Technology.
The aim of the event is to contribute to the scientific and expert discussion on energy policy, energy security and the energy sector in its broadest sense. The idea of the conference organisers is to build an instrument supporting the development of these areas of knowledge, by providing a platform for discussion with the participation of scientists, experts, representatives of public administration, energy companies, non-governmental organisations, business journalists and students.
The theme of the 6th edition of the Conference focuses on the energy transition, while continuing the scientific discussions undertaken in previous editions of the event. Key areas to be covered include: nuclear energy, hydrogen, quantum materials, offshore wind energy, threats in cyberspace, cooperation in cyber security, energy storage, influence operations in the context of Russian energy projects, energy security of the countries of NATO's eastern flank in the context of the policy of the Russian Federation, energy infrastructure in the Baltic Sea, new technologies in the security of energy sector facilities and in civil aviation, and energy security in a post-pandemic world.
The 5th edition of the Conference (2020) was attended by 250 participants (representing 30 scientific centres), 120 speakers (59 stationary and 61 in the online format) and nearly 29 thousand Internet users. Posts posted on Facebook.com with a link to the live broadcast of the Conference received over 95 thousand views. In total, the previous five editions of the Conference were attended by over 1 thousand participants (representing 50 scientific centres), about 4 thousand students and nearly 140 thousand Internet users.
Due to the current epidemiological situation the 6th edition of the Conference (13-14.09.2021) will be held in the HYBRID formula (stationary and remote-online). In the interest of safety of the Conference Participants, the safety regulations of the event have been updated with additional precautions.
In order to participate in the Conference on a full-time basis, the Participant must present a negative COVID-19 test result at the earliest 72 hours prior to the Participant's participation in the Conference; or the Participant must have received a full COVID-19 vaccination.
- As organisers, we will ensure full security for Conference Participants, who will come to the building of Rzeszów University of Technology - announces Mariusz Ruszel, PhD, DSc, Eng., Associate Prof. of Rzeszów University of Technology - Already during last year's edition we introduced appropriate security measures, which have been successfully implemented and used. We will ensure disinfection of halls, lobby and corridors, ozone treatment of handed documents, monitoring of the number of people and temperature measurement of participants, as well as obligatory masks and hand disinfection stations. Automatic registration of participants will be applied again and a mobile robot with UV-C sterilising lamps will be used.
The following precautions will be implemented to ensure the safety of Conference Participants:
- non-contact gates with temperature measurement sensor and stationary infrared thermometer;
- QR codes for automated registration of participants;
- INID UV document and material disinfector;
- UV-C sterilisation equipment;
- INID-S hand disinfection station;
- technology based on approximately 100 litres of colloidal silver, which has virucidal properties and at the same time is not harmful to Conference Participants.
In addition, the Conference organisers will provide:
- disinfection of rooms and common areas;
- air circulation supported by a supply and exhaust ventilation system;
- monitoring of the number of people in the rooms - according to the guidelines for the volume of rooms;
- obligation to wear disposable gloves and a mask covering mouth and nose;
- serving meals and organising coffee breaks in accordance with duly drafted safety rules.
Ignacy Łukasiewicz Award
During the 6th Conference, the annual Ignacy Łukasiewicz Award in the energy security category will be presented. In 2020, the awards were given to Michał Kurtyka, PhD (Minister of Climate and Environment) - for his role as President of the UN Climate Summit (COP24) and Piotr Woźniak (President of PGNiG in 2016-2020) - for his involvement in the policy of diversification of natural gas supply sources to Poland. On behalf of Minister Kurtyka, the award was received by Ireneusz Zyska (Deputy Minister for Climate and Environment, Government Plenipotentiary for Renewable Energy Sources).
- This is the sixth edition of the event, which from the beginning has been organised at the Rzeszów University of Technology. The topics discussed in previous years will certainly be developed, but - because reality is changing all the time - we are counting on the verification of new hypotheses, bold conclusions, updating of conclusions concerning the energy sector at the expert and scientific level - emphasises prof. Piotr Koszelnik - Rector of the Rzeszów University of Technology, Chairman of the Award Committee.
- All panels and plenary discussions will to a greater or lesser extent feature the topic of energy transformation, especially in the context of the Energy Policy of Poland until 2040 strategy announced by the government - announces Mariusz Ruszel, PhD, DSc, Eng., Associate Prof. of Rzeszów University of Technology, president of the Energy Policy Institute, initiator of the conference cycle.
This conference is supported by NATO's Public Diplomacy Division
Main partner: Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne S.A.
Institutional Partner: Agencja Rynku Energii S.A.
Media patronage by:Polska Agencja Prasowa Biznes, Interia, Centrum Informacji Rynku Energii CIRE.PL, BiznesAlert.pl, Baltic Wind, 24/7Communication, TVP3 Rzeszów, Polskie Radio Rzeszów, EURACTIV.pl, Wprost, WysokieNapiecie.pl, Energetyka24.com, ISBnews, Gram w zielone, GlobEnergia.pl, Green-News.pl, CNG-LNG.pl, Smart-Grids.pl, Biomasa, Miesięcznik Instal, Wiadomości Naftowe i Gazownicze, Napędy i Sterowanie, Nowa Energia, Wydawnictwo Seidel-Przywecki, Polskie Towarzystwo Bezpieczeństwa Narodowego, European Foreign Affairs, Energetyka, Info OPS Polska, Energia i Recykling, Portal Stoczniowy, Portal Gospodarka Morska, GospodarkaPodkarpacka.pl, Trendy w Energetyce, Teraz Środowisko, Świat OZE, Energetyka Wodna, Forum Polskiej Gospodarki, Energetyka Cieplna i Zawodowa, Energetykacieplna, Elektroinżynieria, Ochrona i Bezpieczeństwo, Rynek Inwestycji, Wodorowy Świat, portalkomunalny.pl, Tankuj LNG, Nowiny24, Mój Rzeszów, Radio VIA, Gazeta Politechniki, Gazeta Rzeszowa i Okolic, Radio Centrum
Honorary patronage by (2021): Ministry of Climate and Environment, Ministry of State Assets, Minister for Education and Science, European Commision in Poland, Director of the Government Centre for Security, Head of the National Security Bureau, President of the Energy Regulatory Office, The National Office for Research and Development, Statistics Poland, National Fund of Environmental Protection and Water Mangement, National Energy Conservation Agency, Polish Chamber of Energy Storage, Chairman of the Polish Parliamentary Group of Energy and Climate, Parliament's Economy and Development Committee, Parliament's Energy and Treasury Committee, Digitization, Innovation and Modern Technologies Committee, Voivode of Podkarpackie Voivodeship, President of Rzeszów and Rector of Rzeszów University of Technology
Scientific journals cooperating with VI Conference: Sustainability (70 p.), Yearbook of the Institute of East-Central Europe (70 p.), International Agrophysics (70 p.), Journal of Elementology (40 p.), Environment, Development and Sustainbility (40 p.), Eastern European Studies (40 p.), The European Review (40 p.), Yearbook of International Security (20 p.), Eastern Review (20 p.), Energy Policy Journal (20 p.), Politics and Society (20 p.), Studies and Materials (20 p.), Instal (20 p.), Quality Problems (20 pkt), The Bulletin of The Mineral and Energy Economy Research (5 p.), The Explorer Forum (5 p.), Gas, Water and Sanitary Engineering (5 p.), Innovative management in economy and business (5 p.), Energy Policy Studies (5 p.).
Post-conference materials of the 5th edition of the Conference (2020):
Presentation videos of previous editions of the Conference:
5th edition of the Conference (2020): https://youtu.be/duPSZAwUQ60
4th edition of the Conference (2019): https://youtu.be/Zj9R879F5jw
3rd edition of the Conference (2018): https://youtu.be/_oiGZvF1Z9Q
2nd edition of the Conference (2017): https://youtu.be/uQdUOQkudN0
1st edition of the Conference (2016): https://youtu.be/ti6TYNHr8EM