Ignacy Łukasiewicz Institute for Energy Policy is a foundation, which conducts scientific, educational, and publishing activities. Therefore, we process necessary personal data to organize conferences, seminars, and publishing purposes. We want our activity to be transparent, therefore below we inform you how we process personal data.
Personal Data Administrator
Ignacy Łukasiewicz Institute for Energy Policy
Instytut Polityki Energetycznej im. Ignacego Łukasiewicza
Inkubator Technologiczny 4,
Jasionka 954E, PL 36-002 Jasionka
KRS [National Court Register Number]: 0000558482
NIP [Tax ID Number]: 5170369959
tel. +48 737 880 607
What is personal data?
By using our website www.instytutpe.pl you may entrust us with your data.
Personal data – is information that identifies an individual. This can be related to data such as name, location data, internet identifier, but also one or more specific factors that determine the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity. The processing of personal data is any activity related to it, such as collecting, storing, recording, viewing, sharing, using, deleting, or destroying it.
Purposes and basis of data processing
Your personal data may be processed for the following purposes:
Personal information may be transferred to entities that provide services to the Foundation, i.e. logistics and services: legal, accounting, IT, marketing, advertising, and postal – to the extent that it is necessary for the required performance.
According to GDPR, each User has the following rights, depending on the purposes for which and on what basis they have entrusted their data to us:
- The right to request access to the data (Article 15 GDPR),
- The right to request data rectification (Article 16 GDPR),
- The right to request erasure (“right to be forgotten”) (Article 17 GDPR),
- The right to restrict processing (Article 18 GDPR),
- The right to object (Article 21 GDPR).
About the services provided on social media, you can also exercise your rights directly against:
- Facebook’a (Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd.)
- Instagram (Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd.)
- X [formerly Twitter] (X Corp.)
- LinkedIn (LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company)
You also have the right to complain to the President of the Data Protection Authority if you consider that the processing of your data violates the law.
Period of data processing
- For the period required by tax law – concerning personal data related to fulfilling tax or accounting obligations;
- Until effective lodging of an objection – about personal data processed based on the legally justified interest of the controller or for marketing purposes;
- Until withdrawal of consent or achievement of the purpose of processing – about personal data processed based on consent;
Cookies are small text files stored on the User’s computer or other mobile devices when they use websites. These files are used, among other things, to use various functions provided on the website or to confirm whether the User has seen certain content from a given website.
- In connection with the provision of content on websites, we use so-called cookies.
- The first time you visit this site, you may consent to cookies or take other actions indicated in a message to continue using the site.
- Use of this site implies your consent; if you do not consent, please leave the site.
- You may change your browser settings, and disable or delete cookies. The “help” section of your browser will tell you how to do this.
- Disabling or changing the settings of cookies may affect some functionality on the website.
We use two types of cookies:
- Performance cookies (collect information about how visitors use the site, most frequently visited pages or error messages, etc.),
- Functionality cookies (records user settings, language, consent given, etc.), such as:
- Google Analytics – used to conduct analysis and measurement of how users use our services, you can find more information about Google Analytics here: https://policies.google.com/privacy,
- Session (HTTP) cookies – these are temporary information stored in the browser’s memory until the session ends, i.e. it is closed.
Information in access logs
Like most website publishers, we collect information about the use of our websites by users and their IP addresses by analyzing access logs. This information is used for technical purposes, related to the administration of the servers of our websites, as well as for statistical purposes and for analyzing
the demographics of users.
How to contact us?
If you have questions or concerns about how we process personal information, you can contact us via:
postal address: Instytut Polityki Energetycznej im. Ignacego Łukasiewicza
Inkubator Technologiczny 4
PL 36-002 Jasionka