VII Scientific Conference “Energy Security – Pillars and Development Perspective” will be held in the hybrid formula (possible participation in stationary or online) on September 12-13, 2022 at Rzeszów University of Technology.
We encourage you to visit the Conference website: www.instytutpe.pl/en/konferencja2022-en
The main objective of the Conference is to contribute to the scientific and expert discussion on energy security policy and the broader energy sector. We believe that the creation of a platform for holding debate involving scientists, experts, representatives of public administration, energy companies, NGOs, business journalists and students will contribute to the development of scientific output in this area.
One of the main topics of this year’s discussions will be an assessment of energy security of the countries on NATO’s eastern flank in the context of the policy of the Russian Federation and an analysis of the changes occurring in global energy policy as a result of the war in Ukraine, drawing conclusions for Poland and Western Europe. We plan to analyze the geo-economic dimension of the crisis and issues related to the use of economics for political and geopolitical purposes. The talks will focus on the topics of energy transition, nuclear power including small SMR reactors, hydrogen, wind power and low-carbon sources of energy production.
One of the panels will be dedicated to Ignacy Łukasiewicz (the patron of the year 2022), who was a pioneer of the global oil industry and spent most of his life in the Rzeszów area. Moreover, during the Conference the Ignacy Łukasiewicz Award in the field of energy security will be presented and the 2nd edition of the Competition for the Most Innovative Energy Local Government will be adjudicated.
Participation in the VII Scientific Conference “Energy Security – Pillars and Development Perspective” (2022) was confirmed by:
- Ireneusz Zyska – Secretary of State – Ministry of Climate and Environment / Government Plenipotentiary for Renewable Energy Sources
- Małgorzata Jarosińska-Jedynak – Secretary of State – Ministry of Development Funds and Regional Policy
- Marcin Warchoł, PhD, DSc – Secretary of State – Ministry of Justice
- Karol Rabenda – Undersecretary of State – Ministry of State Assets
- Paweł Poncyljusz – Member of the Polish Parliament
- Michał Kurtyka, PhD – Minister of Climate and Environment (2019-2021)
- Piotr Naimski, PhD – Secretary of State – Chancellery of the Prime Minister / Government Plenipotentiary for Strategic Energy Infrastructure (2015-2022)
- Zbigniew Gryglas – Undersecretary of State – Ministry of State Assets (2019-2021)
- Piotr D. Moncarz, BEng, PhD, prof. Stanford Univ. – CEO & President of the Geothermic Solution / Senior Fellow at Exponent / Adjunct Professor at Stanford University (USA)
- Marc D. Thoreson – Program Manager – Central Europe Pipeline System (CEPS) / NATO Support & Procurement Agency (NSPA)
- Maciej Kolaczkowski – Manager Oil and Gas Industry – World Economic Forum
- Monika Morawiecka – Senior Advisor – The Regulatory Assistance Project (RAP)
- Dominik P. Jankowski – Political Adviser / Head of the Political Section / Counsellor – Permanent Delegation of the Republic of Poland to NATO
- Santiago Gallego – Co-Chair of the ETIP SNET WG 1
- Roberto Zangrandi – Secretary General at European Distribution System Operators (E.DSO) (Belgium)
- Tzeni Varfi – Policy & Legal Director at the European Distribution System Operators (E.DSO) (Belgium)
- Anna Mikulska, PhD – Baker Institute, Rice University (USA)
- Albana ILO, Associate Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. – Institute of Energy Systems and Electrical Drives (Austria)
- Maciej Kluczyński – Chairman of the Polish National Security Association
- … more: www.instytutpe.pl/en/konferencja2022-en/speakers
The Conference is supported by NATO’s Public Diplomacy Division.
- Minister of Climate and Environment
- Minister of Foreign Affairs Republic of Poland
- Ministry of Economic Development and Technology
- Minister of State Assets
- Minister of Education and Science
- and many more…